- Create customized technological modifications to existing products or new products, as needed by customers, ensuring that products adhere to power, durability and reliability standards and operational efficiency requirements.
- Lead the development of new projects and systems, including but not limited to; filters; active RF modules; microcontrollers to control RF active modules; and associated electronic and mechanical equipment.
- Design and lead development of passive components (cavity filters, diplexers) utilizing AutoCAD software and circuit design and/or filter design software such as Eagleware, Parfil or Matlab to assist in design process.
- Design and lead development of Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS) designs using iBwave or other wave propagation software, develop or refine other similar products distributed by G-Way Microwave.
- Conduct testing of product using standardized Acceptance Test Procedures (ATP), and prepare analysis reports on products using standardized forms for Acceptance Test Reports (ATR).
- Supervise technicians and provide technical operational equipment support including but not limited to Spectrum Analyzers, Network and Signal Analyzers.
- Provide engineering sales support to customers, including before and after the sale. Troubleshoot failures identified by customers using test equipment and analysis software, such as Matlab.
- Prepare cost estimation for projects, equipment and control expenditures, including preparation of project bill of material and equipment estimates.
- Prepare engineering design layouts and/or specifications for installation of equipment, products and distributed antenna systems using AutoCAD and wave propagation software such as iBwave.
- Prepare and review user manuals, installation procedure, troubleshooting procedures for G-way products.
Candidates must have the following background:
Master of Science with specialization in Electrical, Electronic or Optical engineering. Two years’ related experience.
Design, develop, and support production of electronic telecommunications components, including active and passive devices, for the telecommunications industry with emphasis on:
There is occasional overnight travel required, to visit customer locations for troubleshooting, technical support, or installation oversight, to meet with vendors or customers, or to participate in technical shows or conferences.
If you meet these requirements, G-WAY would love to meet you. Please send your resume and cover letter to:
Application Scientist Engineer — No Comments